November 11, 2013

"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you." -Matthew 28:19-20

Words cannot express how blessed I feel to have the position as the new Pastoral Associate for Evangelization for the Archdiocese of Kansas City, Kansas. I grew up in a Catholic home with 9 siblings and two loving parents who are always striving to grow in holiness and have their lives centered around Jesus Christ. I would say I was "going through the motions" in grade school and high school and it wasn't until college that I realized why my parents raised us the way they did. My first couple years away from home, I put God on the back-burner and started to live the typical college lifestyle. I quickly realized how empty and lonely my life was and turned to God for help. I began to pray more often and began to realize how much better life was when striving to put Him at the center. My senior year of college I had a deep desire to reach out to college students. I knew there were so many out there who were desperate to experience the love that only God can give. After I graduated from the University of Mississippi, I joined staff as a FOCUS missionary. I was placed in Lawrence, Kansas at KU for two years. My job was to reach out to college students and bring the truth of Jesus to them. I led weekly Bible studies and did one-on-one mentorship with girls every week. We hosted events and took students to national conferences to give them the knowledge and understanding they needed to be faithful disciples of Jesus. After my two year commitment was over, I wanted more than anything to stay involved in serving in the New Evangelization. Working for the Archdiocese of KCK was such a great opportunity. I want everyone to be able to know Jesus and want them to experience the joy and peace that comes from being a faithful follower of Christ. I want them to trust in God and in His plan that is far greater than our own plans. The mission of the Catholic Church is to evangelize and I want to do my part to help bring souls to Christ. I am thrilled to have the privilege to work here and am excited to take what I have learned from FOCUS out to the parishes.

"Be who God meant you to be and you will set the world on fire!" -St. Catherine of Siena

1 comment:

  1. Welcome, Betsy!
    What a tremendous journey we are on together. It will be a joy to get to know you better in our work at the Chancery!
    Lesle Knop

    ReplyDelete

All posts and comments should be marked by Christian charity and respect for the truth. They should be on topic and presume the good will of other posters. Discussion should take place primarily from a faith perspective. No ads please.