September 18, 2013

Evangelize Kansas!

Thank you to Fr. Andrew for this invitation.  I am honored to be a part of this great mission and humbled to be included with a the list of contributors I respect very much.  I am a Catholic young adult and guidance counselor at Bishop Ward High School in Kansas City, KS.  My roundabouts include growing up at Prince of Peace Parish (Olathe), St. Thomas Aquinas High School (Overland Park), Kansas State University (Manhattan), Augustinian Volunteers (Chicago), then Villanova University (Philadelphia).  I am happy God has brought me back to Kansas!  


As I begin my seventh year working as a young adult in Kansas City I continue to see his great purpose for me here and love meeting new people on fire for the gospel.  While I was formed by my Catholic education, the St. Isidore Catholic Center, and the Augustinians (to name a few!), I appreciate great sources of grace and community that I have discovered here in Kansas since I have returned.  A few of these reservoirs include St. Paul’s Outreach and City on a Hill.  This summer I had the opportunity to renew my faith even deeper by going on a pilgrimage with School of Faith to the Holy Land which was very renewing to my soul.  You may check out the blog from our journey here.  I have also been spiritually fed by my friendship with religious communities that surround and support my high school in Wyandotte County which include the Little Sisters of the Lamb and Sisters Servants of Mary.  I enjoy volunteerism and regular events for me include Shalom House and serving at the Wyandotte County Pregnancy Clinic.  I am also very involved (10 years and rolling) and have a huge heart for prison ministry. I look forward to what the Lord has in store for us through this blog and will take St. Therese as my patron to follow in her “Little Way”.  
May God fill you with his Peace this day!
Jordan River, Summer 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment

All posts and comments should be marked by Christian charity and respect for the truth. They should be on topic and presume the good will of other posters. Discussion should take place primarily from a faith perspective. No ads please.