September 18, 2013

Glad to be here



Hi. Just a quick bio for me: 
I've been working in this Archdiocese for the last eight years for the School of Faith and the St. Lawrence Center at KU, where I'm the editor for the periodical Thesauri Ecclesiae, a journal of faith and culture. I give presentations mainly to adult parishioners, Catholic school faculties, and undergraduate students. I have my doctorate in theology from the Regina Apostolorum in Rome, and I turned my dissertation into a book with the University of Scranton Press. It's called: The Drug, the Soul, and God: A Catholic Moral Perspective on Antidepressants. I also try to spend some time doing theology and philosophy, and I've been able to get a few papers published in journals like The Thomist, The Fellowship of Catholic Scholars Quarterly, and Homiletic and Pastoral Review, as well as a couple other places. I've had the opportunity to debate the atheistic activists Dan Barker, John Corvino (on Same-sex marriage), Matt Dillahunty and JT Eberhard (you can see all those debates on youtube). My wife Jessica and I have three children (as far as I know) and we live in Lawrence, Kansas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All posts and comments should be marked by Christian charity and respect for the truth. They should be on topic and presume the good will of other posters. Discussion should take place primarily from a faith perspective. No ads please.